Monday, February 1, 2016

I SEE YOU...Rudi

Guest Writer
The Animal Hope & Wellness Foundation
The PetStaurant
FB - The Animal Hope & Wellness Foundation 
Sherman Oaks, CA.
Founder, Marc Ching:
 
                                           South Korean Slaughterhouse Dog:
                                    Rescued, Ready for Adoption Feb. 7, 2016;
                                              Rudi #18 - One of the Lucky 7


My name is Rudi, 

I am a slaughterhouse dog from Gimcheon South Korea. I am a full breed pug, and when people look at me I am certain they say - how could a dog like me end up in slaughter. Where I am from, dogs are stolen everyday from families. Taken from the comfort of their lives, and pulled into a world of torture and misery.

Marc watched as they hung me by a noose. As they beat me with metal sticks where I screamed out in a tongue that could not ask for mercy. Before they were about to cut off my feet, Marc negotiated my release, as well as the release of twenty four other dogs.

From his last rescue mission, he liberated 35 lives, with only seven of us surviving. Dogs like me, we die a death that most people in America could never even believe possible. The lives he saves, each of us had been tortured in an unimaginable way. Some beat with pipes. Some electrocuted. Some dismembered without legs.

While I am a survivor, my spirit has been cut open and broken. I have been in isolation here in South Korea at the vet for a few weeks now, and am being treated for skin lacerations and trauma to my pelvis and spine. I am expected to make a full recovery, however, I am deathly afraid of people. Every time the nurse attempts to put a leash on to walk me, I seizure from anxiety.

It is going to take patience and time, and parents whom really understand me - if I ever hope to live a partially normal life again.

Marc claims it is a miracle that I am alive. And that if I try, that life will balance itself out for me. That for every day I lived in darkness, that light will rain itself down from that great expanse above me. Marc claims there is always an end to suffering. And hope, for those that leave their hearts open to possibility.

On February 7th, 2016, I land at Los Angeles International where I will be up for adoption at the Animal Hope and Wellness Foundation.

Mom and dad - come to find me. Come and pull the darkness from the skin that surrounds me. Be my liberty, be the peace that I cannot find in darkness. Be the dream I dreamt of every night as I watched blood peel itself of off me.

Be exactly what and who I need to breathe. Because I am suffocating, still trapped in a darkness that I cannot push from my body.  ###MarcChing



After rescuing 35 South Korean slaughterhouse dogs---only 7 survived---even with a sagging heart, Marc Ching continues his mission. The images of hangings, being battered with pipes, electrocutions and being dismembered after they were already pawless---Marc Ching swims through the abyss of suffering he witnessed first hand, to cling to a Divine grace that the Lucky 7 who possessed the sliver of hope that they too would be loved one day---survived. And Rudi is one of them....

To be free from torture, free from hatred, free from the abuse, free from watching the blood of your brothers and sisters drip off your body knowing you'll be next, free from the fear, free from the darkness, free to just be---a Dog.  Is now the chance the Lucky 7 have...and it all begins with you...won't you let them rest their weary head on your lap. And with one swoop of your caress---all their painful memories vanish---and they'll peacefully sigh--thank you, I am now l o v e d.  ---R. B. STUART 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment