Thursday, February 15, 2024

"LOVE IS NOT BLIND"

My best friend, protector,  companion, team mate, sleeping buddy, TV pal, dinner partner, Volvo riding Shot gun cohort, beach bum, flea bag, handsome fella, 4 legged gymnist, runner, with chicken legs and doggedly patience...has become blind at 16 years old. 

                                      SUNDAY, 2019

The cataracts cloud the sensitive, stirring brown eyes that laid upon my face every sunrise, and each twilight. Never to capture my expression again. 

May your mind remain vivid with images of me, the rains blessing your face, the wind  floating through your ears, salty ocean waves chasing your tail, the airplanes lighting up the sky, the arrogant squirrels that taunted you each day, and fields staking claim to your squeaky balls. 

May those pictures from your life keep you warm as you lay down beside me in the dark.

I Love You Sunday...Our life will never be the same. 
XOXOXOX

No comments:

Post a Comment