Sunday, December 30, 2018

"A SONNET FOR SUNDAY"


To My Lil Fella,                                                                                                   My companion even when there's no fanfare.

My father, 
My mother, even though they died long ago, your warmth only they would know. 

My friend till the last grain of sand, you've become a stand-up man.

My sister,  
My brother, as well as we know each other you'd think we were lovers.

My moonbeam, always brighten my day with a hello from your tail, a bark at the mail.

My confidant, 
Even when I'm upside down, you transform into a Vaudeville clown.

My partner in crime, 
Always first climbing vines towards adventuresome times. 

My sweet litlle froggy,
With your chicken legs and  still loves to beg.

You'll be 16 in April,
Fifteen Christmas' together, and our birthdays we have weathered. 

My donkey, 
Once striding by my side as soon as a foot is out of the door.

My furry lamb,
You'd rather stay in because now you get cold and legs maybe cramp.

My walk has slowed its pace,
The soft glow of age has covered our face. 

This tribute is for you my bugaloo,
Your eyes follow me through time, even if your ears can no longer hear the windchimes.

My doggy till the end,
Thank you for teaching me how to be patient....and to bend.

My love for you knows no bounds,
And I'm quite happy you're a Poodle and not a hound.

Put your paw in my hand lil' Papa,
And let's see what's in store for this next....chapter. 



Happy New Year! 

Love, Aunty XO

Copyright, R. B. Stuart December 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment